Top 5 UK Cars
Each year, the popular magazine Auto Trader publishes a listing of the five top cars for the past year in the UK. Looking at the entire market, they indicated these five cars were the most popular in the UK for 2011.
1. Audi A4 – sold as a compact car for executives, the A4 delivers the traditional and somewhat eclectic style and sophistication of Audi with massive versatility and performance. The A4 has been part of Audi’s range since 1994. It not only looks the part, yet easily meets the requirements of a bustling, growing family.
2. BMW 3 Series – introduced to the market in 1975, the BMW 3 series has proceeded to earn a reputation as being a car that performs superbly in many ways; it looks quite sporty, yet serves quite well as a family car too.
3. Ford Focus – a regular high performer in the UK, this is considered one of the best family vehicles put on the market in the last ten years. It has a sporty look and feel (similar to the BMW 3 series), with some versions offering higher performance. The Ford Focus has garnered the appeal of a wide range of different people in the auto buying market.
4. Vauxhall Astra – this car is sporty, trendy, fast, and handles well, and has thus grown to be quite popular with the younger crowd. As they get older however, they discover how practical the Astra is with lots of room in the cabin and spacious boot.
5. Volkswagon Golf – similar to the Astra in many ways: popular with the younger drivers because of its sporty look, yet can also serve the needs of a growing family quite well.
Some of these cars come with a choice between 2-door and 4-door models. Young people typically like the sportier looking 2-door coupes, though the 4-door sedan provides much more space for cargo and passengers for those starting a family.
Though these vehicles are popular as well as affordable (generally ranging from about 16,000 to 35,000 pounds), purchasing them outright is still outside the budget of many buyers. Financing in some form is often necessary to get into one of these cars.
Financing, whether it’s hiring, leasing, or a loan, gives buyers the opportunity to drive one of the most popular vehicles in the UK in 2011 without needing to provide the entire cost up front. At least one of these financing methods is suitable for the vast majority of those in the car buying market in the UK. Because of the popularity of these cars, it’s quick to compare rates between various car insurance companies. This means you can easily be driving around in a car that you truly want instead of one that just gets you from here to there.